Attention !!

I've finally updated. You will have to click on "Older Posts" at the bottom of the page to see all the new photos !

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A little taste of Tennessee

Here are some small ways that Tennessee has invaded our life.



This is a drink that is manufactured up in Eastern Tennessee. One of Tony's co-workers brought him some to try. It tastes like a combo of Sprite & Emergen-C. You gotta love the slogan though, especially in this time of economic uncertainty, "Enuf is Enough!".

Eli came home from school with this. I asked if it was a class assignment & he said "No, I made it up myself!" I figured they had been studying Elvis but apparently Elvis has just snuck into his subconscious here in Tennessee. Check out that hip action!


The kids were playing hide & seek with Daddy. I thought this was pretty funny. Notice the daily outerwear. It's been hovering around 45 during the days & 20-30 at night. Brrr!


These are some big pillows I made for a friend. It was my first attempt at making & sewing on piping. I was encouraged by the results & may even attempt to make some new floor pillows for our home now! Even though I am no longer employed sewing at a shop I seem to have plenty of various sewing projects from friends & am able to make $10 here & $20 there. Enough that I don't feel like a "kept" woman. :)

3 comments:

Jen in SLO said...

I love your pillows!
How much do you charge to embroider fleece blankets with words? :)

Sarah: said...

that is one amazing picture! I think you should put that on note cards for Christmas and blow up some posters too! Fantastic!!

Gorton's said...

The pillows are really nice! Good job! I love Eli's Elvis page. Super cute!