Attention !!

I've finally updated. You will have to click on "Older Posts" at the bottom of the page to see all the new photos !

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Snow days

We've had snow this winter in Tennessee. Not much by Northern standards, but plenty by the Southern way of thinking. I think the kids have missed 5 actual days of school due to snow, but we've been housebound for quite a few more days. We also discovered we have no appropriate snow shoes. Thank goodness this doesn't last for months!

Here the kids are measuring the snow on our deck (in their pajamas).
"Momma, can we go outside now?!?

If it snows, no matter how deep, we must make snow angels!!!

This precious boy just threw a snowball at me. I couldn't take a picture of the one I threw back at him. :)

More snow angels.

I can't keep her from eating the snow...
...no matter how hard I try.
Rosy snow cheeks.

On day 2 we did some face painting. I let the kids pick out a design for their faces.

Eli chose a pirate.


Adrienne chose a leopard. Grrrrowl.
On day 3 we did crafts. Adrienne designed this butterfly mobile to use as a "cat toy" when she's pretending to be a cat.

Eli designed this pirate chest & made it out of shipping boxes & paper bags.

Notice the detail work.


If you happen to open the chest & look at the skull you will be cursed. You've been warned!

No comments: