Attention !!

I've finally updated. You will have to click on "Older Posts" at the bottom of the page to see all the new photos !

Monday, October 20, 2008

The Birthday Boy!

Eli had a fun birthday all day long. He got to open up some presents & cards from family after breakfast & then we were off to school. Here he is with the "cone-cakes" he requested for his class.




This is his friend Ethan who also was invited to Eli's party. It's nice to have a friend in his class that also lives only a block away!


Adrienne wanted to have lunch with Eli for his birthday. Personally I think she just likes being a big kid & hanging out with the first graders.


The cool thing about cone cakes is you don't have to mess with unwrapping your food. Easy & fun to eat!


The official birthday class photo (with Adrienne smack dab in the middle).



After school we had a few of the boys in the neighborhood come over for pizza & a pirate party. After dinner we went on a treasure hunt that ended with the appropriate pirate costuming for everyone.

Fierce, no?


Eli requested brownies instead of cake. Works for me. (It's a pirate flag.)




You should have heard all the squeals from these boys as Eli opened his gifts. I thought girls were noisy!



Here are some of the decorations. Adrienne helped me scour the house looking for "pirate-y" things to put on the table.



She even offered some of her jewelery. So sweet.



I put in the goblets that Tony & I used for our wedding toast. Can't you see a pirate captain drinking from one?

2 comments:

Jen in SLO said...

I'm impressed by how many piratey things you have in your house just lying around. :)

I loved conecakes. Mom used to make them for our class parties. I might have to make them for my class just because I can.

Happy birthday, Eli!

Sarah: said...

awesome table-scape, Liz! Looks like a really fun time! I can't belive he's seven years old - my how time flies!