This past week was a busy one for us!
It started out with Eli's class performance at fine arts night at school. He got to be a farmer & sing a lovely assortment of barnyard songs. Who knew there were that many! The kids also got to show off their artwork like puppets & paintings.
Then it was Tony's birthday. We opted not to put all the candles on his birthday cake as I'm not sure how to turn off the smoke alarms.
He got to pick the menu & chose pineapple upside down cake for dessert. I think it came out all right. Adrienne was my big helper & she put down all the pineapple slices & cherry halves. She was quite proud of her contribution. (She's been very active with the food preparation these last few months & loves to help out with anything in the kitchen!)
After all that fun Eli attended a birthday party for one of his classmates. They went bowling & Eli scored a 76. Not bad for his second time ever bowling. I can think of a few adults who score in that range. :)
This week is shaping up to be busy as well. Today is St. Patricks Day. The kids & I made sure to all dress appropriately so as not to get pinched as we wander around town & school. Tony will just have to fend for himself at work however! We're having corned beef & cabbage with boiled potatoes for dinner. I can't wait, Yum!
Later this week are the egg hunts and of course Resurrection Sunday! We're going to the Saturday night service as a family & then the kids & I will be back on Sunday to volunteer in the children's department. It should be a good service with Diamond Rio performing for the grownups & Bible Man & Miss Pattycake for the young ones. I know Adrienne is excited to see Miss Pattycake. I will be on diaper duty with about 100 two year olds on Sunday, so pray for me. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment